6 Tips for Choosing the Right Fireplace Screen
Sparks may be pretty floating through the air, but then they singe your carpet, furniture, or foot! That's where a fireplace screen comes in. What you need is a screen that's functional, fits your hearth, matches your home, and - of course - allows light and heat through for a relaxing ambiance. You'll also need a screen that makes it easier for you and your tools to tend the flame. Here are some simple tips for choosing the perfect screen that provides beauty, safety, and convenience.
1. Measure before you buy. Browsing for fashion first is a gamble that can lead to a screen that covers too much or too little of your fireplace. A quality fireplace screen is not only there for decoration! Knowing the dimensions of your hearth is paramount - try shopping our screens according to height or width by using the handy navigation bar to your left.
2. How many panels do you need? Folding screens present a different function and look than one-piece curved screens. Folding units usually have three- or four-panel designs that look great and make it easy to reach in with a poker or toss in an extra log without exposing the crackling flame to the entire room.
3. The better the materials, the better the product. Our screens are organized according to finish and construction to make matching your screen to your existing decor easy and finding the sturdiest possible screen even easier.
4. Take note of the brick used in your chimney and the design of your hearth. Now look to the style of your living area and ask yourself what screen would best tie your fireplace to your living space. There are countless styles of fireplace screens and guards to choose from and it's important to find one that blends with your surroundings.
5. The cabin or man-cave is a good place for a rustic, scenic screen. And any fireplace screen that will be outdoors should be made of steel or another metal that resists the elements.
6. The customer is always right. Who better to believe than other folks just like you? Every screen we sell features a sub-section with customer reviews you can trust. You can even narrow your search by using the left navigation bar to only browse products that received 4 stars or higher.