1. Before browsing for fireplace surrounds, take a few quick measurements and decide what your minimums are, then adjust it according to how much space you'd like between fireplace and surround.
2. Fireplace surrounds can get expensive, so you may want to get a professional to do install it. However, with a little forethought and planning, you should be able to do it yourself and save a little cash.
3. The bareness of an unadorned fireplace seems so obvious; even more so when directly above it is a life-sized portrait of yourself dressed in equestrian gear, seated on a velvet throne. That will look much more appropriate with an elegant fireplace surround.
4. The fireplace surround is an investment. And while it won't pay for itself the same way a washing machine or massage chair might, it will provide returns when guests come over. "Are these all the dogs you've ever owned?" they might ask. Then regale away with your countless canine tales from years gone by.
5. Much like our selection of mantel shelves, we offer a copious selection of unfinished fireplace surrounds that allow you to continue a design theme consistently throughout your home. But please, no glitter or stickers.
6. Pearl Mantels provides a huge variety of fireplace surrounds for all budgets and styles. If you plan on finishing one yourself, consider one of the MDF options. They are as durable as, but less expensive than, solid wood.
7. However, if you are looking for premium products, look no further. Intricate details in fluting, columns, and moldings can be seen in our scores of products featuring solid hardwoods.
8. Many of our fireplace surrounds have mantel-heightening plinth bases to better fit your fireplace or add a sophisticated, elevated appearance.
Find more information in our Fireplace Surrounds Helpful Information section!